Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kamijo Shares An Important Message On His Twitter



Versailles' Kamijo has sent a message to his fans, explaining to them what kind of content they can share and translate freely, and asking them to stop sharing private and copywritten material.
The message came after the it was brought to Kamijo's attention that fans had been translating the band's interviews with various magazines and sharing them to the world. While he appreciates the thought, he points out that its not right for people to do that.
The singer also asked fans not to share exclusive fan club material to those who aren't in the fan club.

look in the bellow!


 REASON
I’ve received lots of messages about my “Onegai (Please do me a
favor)” text. Many thanks.

Did I sound a bit too harsh?
No, I didn’t mean to be harsh at all.
But I’ve come to realize that my explanation was insufficient and that
I have to explain it fully for you to understand what I mean.
First of all, I always thank all of you and street teams in every
country who continuously support us by rendering our info and news
into your languages and by posting them on your websites and/or blogs.
That really helps spread my band and our info to the world, which is
nothing but wonderful! I really appreciate that a lot!
m(k)m
The main reason why I decided to post the “Onegai” text is that I got
a message saying, “I’m going to translate the column in ____ magazine,
put it on my website and spread it to the world.” It’s great that the
person wants to spread us to the world. But there’s a big problem. All
the interviews/texts/info appear in any magazine belong to its
publisher and they are called “copyrighted work.” If you translate any
copyrighted work without the publisher’s permission, it’s called a
“breach of copyright.” As you know, it’s against the law. I just
couldn’t let it pass because I knew one of our great fans was about to
do something illegal. Those publishers run our interviews and info in
their magazines just because they support us as much as all of you
fans out there do. We are all in the same family circle of Versailles
and we care them and you fans equally. So please ask the publisher for
permission first before you start working on the translation.

I’m writing what I wanted to say in my “Onegai” text here again to
make it clear:Please do not reprint, translate or post all the copyrighted work
belongs to our management, record company, and band such as music,
visuals, photographs, website contents, pictures in our CD artworks
and photo collection books.

What is free to reprint, translate and post is promotional photos/info
on our official website, texts in our blogs open to public in addition
to my tweets and photos on my twitter and facebook. You are absolutely
welcome to utilize them on your websites or blogs. Feel free to do
whatever you think is good for us.

Closed info and our website
contents exclusively for registered fan club members are not included.
And please remember, all the translated texts and info about us
rendered by our fans are personal interpretation of the translator.
Both translators and readers, please keep that in mind.
Regarding all the copyrighted work such as magazine contents, I leave
a decision up to the magazine publishers. So please contact them
first.

Regarding the texts and info for KAMIJO World members only, reprint
and translation are basically prohibited. If you are a KAMIJO World
member and if you want to translate for other members who don’t read
Japanese, please post the translated text on comment space. It’s a
good suggestion from some members and I think it works well in this
case. I hope to create our ideal world together with all of you by
exchanging good ideas and express things honestly. Thank you!
KAMIJO


No comments:

Post a Comment